Monday, September 18, 2017

Trollskogen with Friends

I'm baaaaaack! No really...for real this time! I know I've taken a long break from the blog but I should finally be able to post regularly again. The big change now is that Benjamin has started barnehage. He ended up with an ear infection and chicken pox within the first week, so it was a slow start. But now with both boys in school I have time to get the million things done that I have been piling up for years! I'll be starting work again soon. I'm working out and trying hard to loose this baby weight (is it even called that anymore...maybe chocolate weight? wine weight?) I'm also hoping to start Norwegian classes again, because when your bilingual child can get away with yelling potty words at you and you don't know any better it's time to study up!

However, with all that on my plate this blog is still a priority to me for two big reasons. The first is that it documents memories for my boys. At the end of each year I take all the posts, combine them, and print them in a book format. I want my boys to see the pictures and read the details of this adventure we call life. And second, I'm hoping that in some small way this keeps us all connected. It can be hard raising our children so far away from friends and family. So my hope is that my silly stories and pictures helps shorten the distance between us. So...without further ado...


This past weekend we met up with some friends at a local park called Trollskogen. It's one of our favorite places to visit in Stavanger. The forest is soft and green with filtered sunlight through the tall tress. The rocks are covered in neon moss. And the end of the path opens up to a fantastic view of the fjord and thousands of tiny sea pools, just perfect for little boys to splash in!


Mom's are such a creative bunch! One of the moms brought sidewalk chalk for the boys to color on the rocks. All 6 boys loved it and they huddled around the rock for a good 20 minutes.
Xander with his favorite color!
 Tide pool exploring
B has become very steady on his feet now. Even in the rocky, muddy terrain at Trollskogen he did quite well keeping up with the older boys.
Xander was a little grumpy for some reason this morning but give him some water and things to throw in it and he will always perk up quickly!
See! Smiles finally!

I love this picture so much. Xander has made a fantastic friend here. Josua is a such a sweet boy and they have made quiet an impression on each other. We try to get them together as much as possible and they're a great pair...both a little quiet and introspective but curious, bright, and silly. I just love watching their friendship grow.
Josua's mom is lovely too and one of my closest friends here. Shes a good calm ying to my Type-A yang. We always end up on the most ridiculous misadventures together that leave us in giggles! Oh and she is also a fantastic photographer! Most of these photos are hers! Such a fun day with lovely people!

No comments:

Post a Comment