Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Benjamin - 11 months

Its been a pretty good month for our little B. But 11 months!? No way! No freaking way has it been almost a year since this little guy rocked our world! 

Teeth have been popping out left and right (literally) but you've been sleeping OK. You make it KNOWN when you are uncomfortable or tired or hungry or just plain grumpy. But you also give these AMAZING full-on cuddles that I absolutely love!
Mealtimes have entered another dimension of crazyness lately. You do not wait for food and gripe and yell almost the entire meal if you're not currently stuffing yourself. And you eat...A LOT! More than Xander does for most meals. But you're pretty picky. No eggs. No yogurt. No cheese (are you sure you're my kid!?). And anything new goes through a rigorous taste test that usually involves a few gags before it ever makes it down the hatch. And anything that doesn't pass the test goes straight on the floor while making defiant eye-contact with us!
We're in the early stages of the wanting-to-do-everything-brother-does phase. You follow him around, take all his toys (which to be honest is a 2-way problem), and gleefully grab his hair or clothes if he isn't paying you enough attention.

I imagine this is what he must look like to you most of the time....a 2 year old sized blur!
Now that I can finally walk, we spend every single weekend morning out of the house. With 2 boys with loads of energy it's a matter of survival. A few weekends ago we met some friends at a lovely forest right by the sea. And while we all successfully enjoyed oranges, and sausage, and roasted marshmallows, the ever elusive family picture still evaded us!
Soooooo.....the major news this month is not something I was expecting for a while. YOU ARE WALKING! Out of nowhere one day you were holding onto a kitchen cabinet, turned around to me, and took a few wobbly Frankenstein steps. Every day you walk a little more and you seem totally thrilled by your new skill. I just couldn't believe that I had a 10 month old taking his first steps!
My little B...I'm holding onto this last month of babyhood. Even though I see toddlerhood almost upon us! You are such a strong-willed, brave, active little guy. I love how vocal you are and I can't wait for the day when you can verbalize what you want (if only to cut down on the noise!) I love your focus on learning and mastering new skills. I love that you absolutely DEMAND attention and affection and you have no time to wait. I love this tenacious little personality that I see emerging and I love every minute with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment